Loading...
Skip to content

Major Economic Developments

Slauson & Wall Village

Slauson and Wall Village collage 500x201

The Slauson & Wall Village is a 7-acre site located in a commercial and residential area in Council District 9. The site is comprised of several industrial buildings that were construction between 1922 and 1956. Historically, the site was occupied by several manufacturing and industrial tenants including auto body repair businesses. The former CRA acquired the site from a private owner in 2009. Citywide Brownfields Program conducted environmental site investigations at this site. Containments of concern included volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and total petroleum hydrocarbons.

The site is scheduled to be redeveloped into affordable housing and a 4-acre park. Demolition of the existing industrial buildings is expected to commence by summer 2017 with remediation moving forward thereafter. Brownfields Program provided assistance to identify potential grant funding for the remediation.