Storm Drain Maintenance/Repair
What We Can Do For You!
If you know of a storm drain that is broken, blocked, or even if there is water standing in or around the storm drain, give us a call. We will be happy to investigate and resolve any problems.
Who do You Call?
Department of Public Works, Bureau of Sanitation
Wastewater Collection Systems Division
What we Need From You!
To make a request for the maintenance or repair of a storm drain, you must call and provide:
- Your Name
- Call-Back Telephone number
- Location of Problem
- Type of problem being reported
- You may call the Headquarters Administration Office or the District Yard
- If Headquarters is called, the location will be determined and call-back information will be obtained from you; this information will be telephoned to the appropriate District Yard
- If you contact the District Yard directly, the above call-back information will be obtained
- The District Supervisor will investigate and determine the cause of the problem (blocked or broken storm drain, water standing, etc.)
- The District Supervisor will determine who is responsible for resolution or the Division's response to the complaint
- Following investigation by the District Supervisor, remedial steps are taken to clean or repair the storm drains.
- The District Supervisor will provide the you with a status report in person or by telephone.
How Long Will it Take?
Complaints or requests regarding broken, crushed, or unclean storm drains are investigated immediately because of the potential for injuries or accidents from water ponding or public health. You are provided with a verbal status report following field investigation of the complaint or request.
Who Can You Talk To?
Click here to get a complete list of contacts to talk to.