Many flyers, brochures, guides, and reports can be read directly from the links below or downloaded for later use. The material covers a wide range of wastewater related topics.
- A Guidebook to Clean Drains for FSEs (English, Spanish, Chinese, & Korean)
- Best Management Practices for Dental Offices
A handout summarizing the Best Management Practices (BMPs) for Dental Offices.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) For Grease Interceptors (English, Spanish, Chinese, & Korean)
Handouts summarizing the Best Management Practices (BMPs) for Grease Interceptors.
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) For Grease Traps(English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean)
Handouts summarizing the Best Management Practices (BMPs) for Grease Traps.
- Biosolids EMS Annual Performance Report
This report summarizes the biosolids management program, biosolids production and reuse, goals and objectives, EMS activities, such as internal and third party audits, and public outreach.
- Biosolids EMS Action Plan
- Biosolids EMS Brochure
- Biosolids EMS Management Review Report
The City is required to perform a periodic management review of the biosolids EMS. The management review is conducted based upon the requirements and procedures established in the biosolids EMS manual under Element 17 "Periodic Management Review of Performance." This report summarizes the final decisions by management based on the internal audit results and the review of the EMS focusing on the need for change(s) to policy statement, Goals and Objectives, Operational Critical Control Points, and other EMS elements.
- Biosolids EMS Plan Executive Summary
EPA Annual Report
The annual report for the biosolids program in accordance with the standards
of the United StatesConditional Waiver (CW) Application Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) 40 CFR Part
503 Sewage Sludge Regulations.
- Clean Water (Wastewater) Program Financial Statements
- Clean Water (Wastewater) Program Rate Adjustment
This report contains an overview of the Clean Water Program, including recommendations for rate adjustments to help protect public health and safety and the environment. The outreach presentation and fact sheet are also provided below.
- Conditional Waiver (CW) Application
- Conditional Waiver (CW) Certificate
- Decade of Progress Report - Wastewater Program
Report of the progress made in the Wastewater Program during the 1990's
- Eliminating Fats Oils and Grease From Our Sewers
A brochure explaining how to control fats, oil, and grease at the source, information about sewer clogs caused by FOG, and associated costs to businesses and the environment.
- FOG Control Program (English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean)
A handout summarizing the FOG Control Program
- Frying a Turkey for the Holiday? (English & Spanish)
LA Sanitation is now accepting household fryer oil for recycling at our S.A.F.E. Centers. The oil will be recycled for fuel and energy.
- Grease Avenger Brochure for Fats, Oil, and Grease Program (in English)
This brochure explains the harm fats, oil, and grease does to the sewer system and shows ways of diverting fats, oil, and grease away from sewer systems. This brochure features the Grease Avenger whose mission is to inform the public about the problems that fats, oil, and grease cause.
to Discharging Industrial Wastewater to the Sewer
A guide giving general information concerning the discharging of industrial
wastewater to the sewer system. Specifically, this guide introduces the Industrial
Wastewater Management Division and their operations.
- Guide to the Disposal of Used Water Based Cleaners
- Guide to Industrial Waste Fees for Commercial and Industrial Users
This brochure describes the different types of Industrial Waste fees and explains what the fee pays for.
- Help the Grease Avenger (English, Spanish)
A brochure featuring the Grease Avenger whose mission is to explain the harm that Fats, Oil, and Grease do to the sewer system and teaches of ways to divert FOG away from sewer systems.
- Hyperion Treatment Plant Tour Request Form
Form for requesting by FAX a tour of the Hyperion Treatment Plant. Before downloading or faxing this form, it is recommended that the tour web page is visited for important information about the tour.
- Implementation for New Wastewater Regulations for Food Service Establishments (FSEs) (English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean)
A letter outlining the new wastewater regulations for Food Service Establishments.
Wastewater Control Ordinance
Excerpts from Section 64 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code specifying the Industrial Waste Control Ordinance.
Wastewater Permit Refund Form
Claim form for refunds less than $5,000.00 related to the Industrial Wastewater
Permit. This claim form is only for Industrial Wastewater Permits.
- Industrial Wastewater Permit Application
An Industrial Wastewater Permit Application for industrial users, including instructions on how to fill it out.
- Industrial Wastewater Permit Application for Food Service Establishments (FSEs)
An Industrial Wastewater Permit Application for Food Service Establishments (FSEs) including instructions on how to fill it out.
- Industrial Wastewater Permit for Food Service Establishments (FSEs)
A sample Industrial Wastewater Permit for Food Service Establishments (FSEs) with all special conditions attached.
- Information About your Sewer Service Charge
A brochure explaining where money from your sewer service charge goes. Click here for the latest brochure in English
- Integrated Resources Plan (IRP) Stakeholder Application
- Intercept the Grease (English & Spanish, English & Korean, English & Chinese)
A poster displaying and outlining the proper way to maintain a grease interceptor.
- Kern County Biosolids Ordinance
Various local ordinances have been passed regulating the use or disposal of biosolids. The City of Los Angeles currently conducts land applications of biosolids in Kern County, which has ordinances regulating the use of biosolids. The City complies with the ordinance requirements and any additional information requested by the permitting authority.
- Kitchen Best Management Practices (BMPs) to Manage FOG (English & Spanish, English & Korean, English & Chinese)
A poster outlining the BMPs that need to be followed by Food Service Establishments (FSEs).
- List of Grease Hauler & Transportation Companies
- List of Grease Interceptor & Grease Trap Waste Pumping Transportation Companies
- List of Grease Interceptor Manufacturers
- List of Grease Trap Manufacturers
- List of Hood Cleaning Companies
- List of Rendering Companies
- Mobile Washer Information Sheet
Information sheet meant to assist mobile washer operators and property owners in understanding their responsibilities regarding the management of industrial wastewater generated from mobile washer activities.
- No Drugs Down the Drain (N3D)
A handout stressing the importance of not putting drugs down the drains.
- Pretreatment Program Compliance Guide
In depth look at how to comply with the rules and regulations of the pretreatment program.
- Sewer Science Brochure
A handout summarizing the Sewer Science Program.
- Sewer Service Charge - Private Submetering of Water - Residential
- Sewer Service Charge Brochure
- Sewer Service Charge Commercial Adjustment Request
Sewer Service Charge Request for Adjustment for Commercial businesses.
- Sewer Service Charge - Private Submetering of Water - Commercial
- Sewer Service Charge Refund Claim Form
Sewer Service Charge Refund Claim Form for properties that are not connected to the sewer
- Sewer Service Charge Residential Adjustment Request
Sewer Service Charge Adjustment or Request for Information for residents.
- Trap the Grease (English & Spanish, English & Korean, English & Chinese)
A poster displaying and outlining the proper way to maintain a grease trap
- Toxic Organics Management Plan Guide
- U.S. EPA 40CFR Part 503 Regulations
The US EPA 40CFR Part 503 regulations were developed as part of the Clean Water Act Amendments of 1987. The US EPA developed the regulation to protect the public health and environment from any unreasonable adverse effects of certain pollutants that might be present in biosolids. Since the promulgation of the regulation in 1993, the City has been in compliance with the 503 requirements.