- Address: 1400 N Gaffey St. Los Angeles, CA 90731 (San Pedro)
- How to get there: Directions
- Year Opened: 1955
- Year Closed: 1963
- Property Size: 30 acres
- Fill Area: 17 acres
- Type of Refuse: Class III(residential, street sweepings, construction and demolition materials)
- Total Capacity: 900,000 tons
- Average Depth of Fill: 50 feet
- Additional Expansion Area: none
The landfill gas management system consists of a combination of horizontal and vertical extraction wells feeding an activated carbon scrubber system that emits the treated landfill gas to atmosphere.
Gaffey Street closure construction is completed. The site has been converted into a soccer field complex known as "Field of Dreams."
The picture gallery for this facility can be viewed online at:
Move your mouse over the picture to read the caption or control the slideshow