- Address: 929 Academy Rd. Los Angeles, CA 90012
- How to get there: Directions
- Year Opened: 1966
- Year Closed: 1969
- Property Size: 585 acres (Elysian Park)
- Property Size: 45 acres
- Fill Area: 28 acres
- Type of Refuse: Class III
(residential, street sweepings, construction and demolition materials)
- Total Capacity: 1,700,000 tons
- Average Depth of Fill: 130 feet
- Additional Expansion Area: none
The landfill gas management system consists of an active ventilation system consisting of several wells connected to a blower to control landfill gas migration.
Bishops Canyon closure construction is completed. The site has been converted into a state of the art recreational facility.
Present and Future Use:
Open space for active recreation, including multi-use athletic fields. Open meadows for various forms of free play, extensive covered and open air picnic areas, four children's play lots and interconnecting trails.
The picture gallery for this facility can be viewed online at:
Move your mouse over the picture to read the caption or control the slideshow