- Green Business Programs (EnvironmentalLA)
- Mobile Container Washing Pilot Program
A pilot program has been initiated to provide container washing services to City residents on a subscription basis. For more information, please click on Mobile Container Washing Pilot Program.
- FAQ: Reusable Bag Program
- NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY
FINAL ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT (FINAL EIR)
CITY OF LOS ANGELES PROPOSED SINGLE-USE CARRYOUT BAG ORDINANCE
The City of Los Angeles is proposing to adopt and implement an ordinance to ban single-use plastic carryout bags, charge a fee on paper bags, and promote the use of reusable bags at specified retailers in the City of Los Angeles. The Final EIR is available at City of Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation, 1149 S. Broadway, 5th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90015, at www.lacitysan.org under What’s new…, and at the following public libraries:
Click here to download the transmittal
- Central Library, 630 W. 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90071
- Van Nuys Branch Library, 6250 Sylmar Ave., Van Nuys, CA 91401
- West L. A. Regional Branch Library, 11360 Santa Monica Bl., Los Angeles, CA 90025
- San Pedro Regional Branch Library, 931 S. Gaffey Street, San Pedro, CA 90731
- Office Building Recycling Guide- updated 6/15/2012 - 36 pages
Recycling Guide for Office Building Owners and Property Management Companies.
Visual guide with a lot of pictures
4 easy steps to start office building recycling
- The Commercial Climate Calculator The Commercial Climate Calculator helps your business and/or multifamily complex identify the benefits of reducing trash and increasing recycling/composting. By reducing trash and increasing recycling and composting, your business will:
1 - Save money
2 - Reduce its contribution to climate change
3 - Keep valuable material out of landfills
To access the calculator, go to http://www.calrecycle.ca.gov/Climate/Calculator/default.htm and click on Commercial Climate Calculator.
- AB341 requires mandatory commercial recycling in California beginning July 1, 2012.
Businesses or public entities that subscribe to a service of 4 cubic yards or more of solid waste per week must recycle. Multi-family dwellings of 5 units or more must also recycle.
If you are a business owner or resident, please visit our AB 341 Mandatory Business and Multi-Family Dwellings Recycling page.
If you are a permitted hauler subject to AB 341 reporting, please visit our permitting page.
- Brownfields Newsletter
New park opens in Historic Filipinotown -
The park is located in the heart of the Los Angeles Oil Field where the city’s first successful oil well was drilled in 1892. The City of Los Angeles’s Brownfields program and voter-approved state parks bond funds helped make it possible to transform this contaminated property into a park for community to enjoy.
- FAQs For CEQA Documents
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the City of Los Angeles' Bureau of Sanitation for use by those writing CEQA documents.
Please select an item of interest from the column at left.