Los Angeles Regional Agency
What We Can Do For You!
The Los Angeles Regional Agency is a newly created agency approved by the California Integrated Waste Management Board (CIWMB) in January 2004. The purpose is to assist member cities (14) to achieve AB 939 recycling goals. There is a Joint Powers Agreement between member cities to cooperate in implementing recycling and AB939 related programs. If you choose to join the agency, you can receive the benefits of a regional cooperative effort in meeting your recycling goals.
For additional information regarding LARA, please click here.
Facts about LARA and its Mission Statement
Who do You Call?
City of Los Angeles
Department of Public Works, Bureau of Sanitation
Solid Resources Citywide Recycling Division (SRCRD)
(213) 485-3692, Nady Maechling
What we Need From You!
Your City Name
Contact Person and phone number
Request Letter to our Agency Requesting Membership Signed by City Council/Mayor
- Call or send e-mail to above noted phone number and e-mail address
- Attend one of our quarterly meetings
- Submit a letter to agency requesting to be considered for membership
- The CIWMB must also approve the request for final approval
- A formal letter from City Council requesting membership will also be required
- Pay a yearly fee to the agency to be determined by yearly tonnage disposal
How Long Does It Take To Be a Member?
- The local agency will consider your request at quarterly meeting
- A request will go to the CIWMB for their consideration on their Board Meeting
- Estimated time for membership approval, 3-6 months